Day at the Dump
Take part in an eye-opening tour of our site and enjoy some exciting activities that inspire your class to think more about living sustainably.
The tour includes:
- Waste Tunnel: View a slice through the capped landfill and experience the history of waste on our site across four decades.
- Waste Transfer Station: See where your rubbish goes after it is collected from your home and find out what happens next.
- Weighbridge: Find out what happens at the weighbridge.
- Large-scale composting facility: Find out how garden waste is recycled, with the help of some teeny-tiny creatures.
- Capped landfill: See how much wildlife you can spot living in the nature reserve that is now on top of the old landfill!
Then choose one of the following activity options:
- 3Rs. Reinforce learning with some fun games linked to each of the 3Rs including Reduce 'snap', a Reuse team challenge and Recyling Relay. Then either make a bracelet, paper potter or kite using recycled materials. Please let us know your preference.
- Slumming it! Global Citizens: Visit our replica shanty town based on Kroo Bay in Sierra Leone and experience what it’s like to live in a house made from rubbish (recommended for Years 5 and 6)
- Waste Odyssey. Complete a toxic pinecone challenge and then travel into the future to see the impact that the landfill has had on the world in 2100. What lessons can we learn? This activity is recommended for years 5 and 6.
To book a visit or for more information please call (01963) 351350 or e-mail email@example.com