Wild Days Out KS2
Wild Days Out
Wild Days Out (KS2):
We use our extensive range of habitats and wildlife to give children a WILD time and help them gain a deeper understanding of the natural world. Our interactive sessions use a variety of approaches such as games, trails, crafts and guided exploration. Most activities take place outdoors, with indoor options available for inclement weather.
To make the most of your day it is best if you can spend at least four hours at Carymoor, but the longer the better really!
For your WILD DAY OUT at Carymoor, choose two of the following half-day sessions:
We use our extensive range of habitats and wildlife to give children a WILD time and to help them to gain a deeper understanding of the natural world.
Our Wild Days Out use a variety of approaches such as games, trails, crafts and guided exploration. These link to themes such as habitats, adaptation, food-chains, camouflage, senses, plant lifecycles, tracks and signs and more! Below are some of the options for our extremely popular Wild Days Out, which are individually tailored to meet your classes needs.
- CSI Carymoor: During this truly unique activity, your students will explore a crime scene and examine evidence left by possible suspects. By working together, using reasoning and deduction, will your students manage to solve the crime or will the culprit evade justice?
- Plant Detectives: Seasonally appropriate activities focusing on seeds and seed dispersal, germination and growth and flowers and pollination. (This activity can be run as a full day).
- Habitat Explorers: Explore some of Carymoor’s meadows and woodlands, learn more about the creatures who live there and conduct an OPAL pond survey to see how healthy our pond is. In addition, the Observational Bee Hive available in June and July, offers the chance to find out more about the amazing life of a honey bee. (This activity can be run as a full day).
- Brilliant Birds: Spend a day discovering the wonderful feathered friends on Carymoor's nature reserve! (This activity can be run as a full day).
- Shelter Building: Can you make a shelter that will keep you dry from the approaching rainstorm?! We’ll see…
To book a visit or for more information please call (01963) 351350 or e-mail email@example.com