Bring your class for a 'hands on history' day at Carymoor, enabling them to experience for themselves the techniques and materials used by Celtic craftspeople during the Iron Age. A Crafty Celts day includes a choice of exciting activity options such as:
- Investigate our replica roundhouse: What is it made of? How was it built and what would it be like to live in?
- Build your own mini-roundhouses using natural materials, to make a Celtic 'village' back at school.
- Try some ancient building techniques: Use Carymoor willow to weave some wattle panels to take back to school.
- Use our replica saddle and rotary quern stones to grind grain into flour and cook some simple bread on a open fire.
- Learn how to light a fire safely using a fire steel.
- Follow our 'Footprints from the Past' trail to discover more about the wild creatures that lived in Britain at the time of the Celts.
- Play some Celt-inspired games.
To book a visit or for more information please call (01963) 351350 or e-mail email@example.com