Willow weaving - plant support courses
Come and spend a relaxing day with us at the Carymoor Nature Reserve, creating a plant support from willow.
Starts: 25th Feb 2022 to 26th Feb 2022
Friday 25th February or Saturday 26th February 2022
10am to 3.30pm
Come and spend a relaxing day with us on the Carymoor Nature Reserve, creating a plant support from willow. This is a great opportunity to boost your wellbeing and to learn a new skill.
You will learn about the tradition of willow in Somerset, see how we manage our plantation at Carymoor, and harvest some willow to use. You will also have the opportunity to have a guided walk on the Carymoor Nature Reserve and find out more about the amazing creatures that live amongst the willow.
What to expect:
- A small group of a maximum of 5 people.
- The session will be led by Carymoor's Education Manager, Karen Boswell.
- We are a Covid-secure business and will be following social distancing guidelines to keep everyone safe.
- The course will be held in our outdoor classroom, so please wear suitable clothing. We would advise that you wear long trousers and sturdy shoes.
- Please bring your own lunch.
Make a willow plant support (as pictured) to take home and hang in your garden (suitable for use with fat balls).
All the tools and materials you need will be provided on the day.
No other experience is required.
Booking essential: Places for these free days are limited. For more information or to book a place phone 01963 351350 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must be aged 19 or over and be resident in the county of Somerset. (Please note this does not include residents in Bath and North East Somerset (BANES), and North Somerset). We are able to offer this day free of charge thanks to funding from SS&L.