Rope Coil Two day willow course
Create a beautiful willow rope coil basket on this two day course
Starts: 8th Mar 2024 to 9th Mar 2024
Friday 8th March and Saturday 9th March
10am to 4pm each day
During this course will be guided by your tutor through the various stages of making your basket, using a variety of willow and the stake and strand method.
You will learn how to grade the willow into different thicknesses, make the 4x4 base using pairing and a three-rod wale, do a four-rod wale on the sides, using a 'rope coil' style of weaving and finish with a 4-behind-2 rod border.
What to expect:
- A small group of a maximum of 6 people.
- The session will be led by Carymoor's Wellbeing Co-ordinator, Karen Boswell.
- The course will be held in our JP Studio. We would advise that you wear long trousers and sturdy shoes if you would like to explore the reserve in your lunch break.
- Please bring your own lunch. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
- All the tools and materials you need will be provided on the day.
£120 per person for the two days
**Gift vouchers available if you would like to gift this experience to someone.
Suitable beginners and those with some weaving experience, aged over 18.
Places must be booked in advance here